WinX DVD Player
Free software for DVD creation and ripping
- Category Players
- License Trial version
- Version 4.0.0
- Size 41.09 MB
- Works under Windows ME / Windows 98 SE / Windows 2003 / Windows 2000 / Windows 95 / Windows NT / Windows 98 / Windows XP
- Language English
- Program by Digiarty Software, Inc.
WinX DVD Player turns your computer into an effective entertainment tool because it lets you play various DVD files and videos.
If you've used DVD playing software in the past, you probably experienced some audio and video issues. Some players compress those files down, which will make the videos look grainy or blurry. Other programs change the audio settings, which will leave you struggling to heat the sound, even with your speakers turned up all the way. WinX DVD Player provides such clear audio and great video that you'll feel like you're watching videos on a high-definition television.
Unlike other media players that are hard to use, WinX DVD Player is basic in design. When you insert a disc into the disc drive on your computer, the player will automatically turn itself on. You press the play button in the center of the screen to instantly watch your video, and you can adjust the size of that screen too. A separate and smaller toolbar will pop up on the screen and let you make adjustments. Use that bar to adjust the volume, fast forward, rewind, skip to a new chapter, or skip back in the film. This toolbar works with compact discs too.
WinX DVD Player is a region-free DVD player, which means that it can support and play discs from all regions in the world. When you buy a DVD player in North America, it cannot play discs made in Europe, Asia, or other parts of the world. Those who buy import discs will find that this program can play all their favorite discs.
Other tools within the program let you get more out of it too. With the screenshot tool, you can capture still shots of your favorite actors and scenes for viewing later. A bookmark tool acts as a temporary pause on your video. You can click this button to pause the action. When you come back later, the player will let you start watching from the exact moment you bookmarked.
The main issues with WinX DVD Player include the fact that it constantly asks if you would like to register your player and that it lacks some configuration options. You cannot make as many changes to your films and music as you can with other programs. WinX DVD Player is best for those who like watching movies and listening to music from around the world.
- Supports many audio and video formats, including MP3 and DIVX formats
- Region-free player can play discs from around the world
- Lets you take screenshots as you watch videos
- Bookmark feature automatically saves your progress for watching later
- Easy interface that anyone can use
- Limited configuration options
- Basic interface is fairly plain
- Looks older and outdated when compared to newer players
- Lacks any impressive features
- Constantly asks you to register your player